Diet plays a huge role in all bodily functions but did you know it plays a major role in the appearance of your skin?
Despite the powerful active ingredients in skincare, topicals can only do so much. However, what you eat can have a major impact on your complexion. Your diet can cause breakouts, dullness, dryness, oiliness, or even dark under-eye circles. On the otherhand, nutrients like Omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, and polyphenols have been clinically shown to improve the moisture, texture, and overall appearance of skin.
For glowing skin, put down those expensive skin care products and pick up one of these top 10 foods:
- Ground flaxseed (high in omega-3)
- Kiwi (rich in vitamin C, an antioxidant)
- Avocados (rich in vitamin C and E, antioxidants)
- Dark leafy greens (antioxidants)
- Yogurts without added sugars (natural probiotic)
- Green tea (polyphenol)
- Olive oil (anti-inflammatory, antioxidant)
- Fatty fish such as salmon, herring, tuna (coenzyme Q10)
- Carrots (beta carotene)
- Water, water, water (duh!)
Incorporating these superfoods into your diet can help support healthy, clear, and glowing skin. Looking for an extra boost? Add in a high quality daily supplement, such as O-Collagen and HSN. These help to really ramp up the benefits (think: boost radiance, prevent aging, and increase moisture).
Have a “radiant skin” recipe you love? Tag us on Instagram @diatahealth to be featured in our live stories!