1 bag of vanilla marshmallow puffs
3 bags of vanilla cinnamon protein cereal
Optional toppings: 2 Tbsp dry-roasted sliced almonds, 1 Tbsp Lily’s no sugar added milk chocolate chips
How to prepare
- Prep a baking tray with parchment paper; all sizes will work but we recommend a 8in x 8in tray.
- Place 1 full bag of marshmallow puffs into a microwave-safe bowl (we prefer glass) and heat for 75 seconds.
- Remove bowl from the microwave and immediately stir in 3 bags of cereal. Using a spatula, continue to mix the cereal and marshmallows together until all cereal is evenly coated.
- Transfer the mixture into the baking tray. [Tip: wet fingers or spatula with warm water if batter becomes too sticky to handle. ]
Smooth the batter until it is flat in the tray and place the tray into the refrigerator for one hour, or until hard.
- When you are ready to enjoy these treats, cut with a sharp knife into desired shapes and sizes. Store leftovers in the refrigerator or freezer in a reusable storage bag for when you’re craving something sweet!
Tips and tricks
All flavors of cereal will work with this recipe — the chocolate coco puff cereal is absolutely delicious with the marshmallows!
Our ABSOLUTE favorite version of this treat? Sprinkle 2 Tbsp of dry-roasted sliced almonds and 1 Tbsp of Lily’s unsweetened chocolate chips on top of the batter before putting the tray in the refrigerator to harden. The batter should still be warm from the marshmallows and the chocolate chips should start to melt when you place them on top; if the batter has cooled, simply melt the chocolate chips for a few seconds in the microwave and sprinkle the soft chocolate chips on top. Oh my goooodness. So good.